Saturday, September 3, 2011

#1 Player in the World, Rhonda Rajsich

Rhonda Rajsich is striking. She’s beautiful, athletic and a major force in the Women’s Professional Racquetball Organization and WOR. Anyone who’s come in contact with her knows that her “all good” go with the flow attitude segues well into her all out court persona. She’s all about what you see is what you get. Yet her waters flow deep. Beyond her open exterior beats a passion of expression that’s longing to burst out.
Do you have any drama issues on tour? (Overall feel and your place in things.)
Personal drama for me, not at all.  I don’t judge and I don’t try to invite conflict, but sometimes stuff happens anyway; and even when things have happened in the past, I tend to let go of it sooner than later. There is too much stupid shit that blocks and chokes and suffocates the world already, I’d rather facilitate growth through opportunities than arguments.


ADVERSITY
In June 2008, Rhonda was viciously attacked just outside her Hermosa Beach home, leaving her right side orbital, cheekbone and jaw shattered. Ten days later, she had 5 titanium plates inserted during facial reconstruction surgery. She returned to her training in just under 3 weeks, having completely stopped all medication during that first week back. Within two weeks, of training, she returned to competition, playing the WOR Nationals. Continuing to play through the month then leaving for Ireland to compete at the World Championships representing Team USA, where she didn't lose a single game. She ended her 2007 - 2008 season as the WPRO #1 ranked player as well as the WOR Women's Champion.

Your incident...your take...what, when, how or...you putting limits on the discussion is ok too...to share that may create better questions for us.
My Take: Nothing happens to you, it happens for you

Does it rise in your consciousness often?
It only rises in my consciousness during times of intense pain, frustration with vision, or occasional
lingering soreness when I chew my food. But am I paranoid or scared to walk down the street or among a crowd, or even alone? Not at all.

What does the tattoo on your right arm mean?
It’s a long story!  Short version:  As a gift, I received a “reading” over the phone.  I had told her absolutely NOTHING of myself but my first name.  The woman told me that she sensed a very masculine, warrior-type energy from me...that she was positive that in a past life I was a badass Greek athlete. (I laughed a lot.) She said I had wealth, money, status, power, etc.  “That I was the Michael Jordan of Greek athletes back in the day,” but for some reason my career got cut short in that lifetime.  Whether it was injury, death, scandal, war, or something else she couldn’t say, but I definitely did not get to fulfill that part of my journey in that life, at which point she asked me if I was athletic at all, or very competitive in any way.  Understatement of the century.  So in her words, I am getting my second chance at that life in this one, and it’s why I am so driven and dedicated and competitive.  I was also supposed to be going to get a tattoo later on that day, but still didn’t know what I wanted to get, or where to put it.  When I went to get a massage that afternoon, the massage therapist had known I was getting the reading, and just blurted out Adonis.  She has called me that ever since.  So I did a little research and tried to find a symbol for Adonis, but no such luck, so I settled on the name written in the Greek font.  Nutshell:  I guess a personal reminder of one of my purposes, my path to fulfill while I have the opportunity to use the gifts that I have been given.

BEING
Deeper question. Sexuality. Is it an open issue for you?
I’m ok with who I am. I don’t go out of my way to rub anyone’s face in it, but I don’t hide anything either. I just try to be respectful of others and hope that they would be respectful of me, but I will never be inauthentic or insincere about who I am in my entirety.

Your music. How often do you perform...group?...how did you start?...anything of importance.
So far, my performances have only been in the occasional karaoke bar, every chance I get.  I love to rock the house.  I love seeing people’s faces when they hear what comes out of “this chick.”  I have been offered opportunities to collaborate/jam with several bands, but my schedule makes it very difficult to get together with others when lives are so different.  So for the past 2 years I have just been trying to create solo projects on my own.  But I have some pretty awesome aspirations that I’d love to bring to reality asap.


NOW
Are you content at this moment in your life.
Yes and no. 
Am I happy, grateful, blessed, blissful, excited?  Yes, absolutely, all of the above.  But I have also always been the type that looks for everything that life has to offer.  I don’t know if the warrior/competitor/achiever/artist/
explorer-at heart can ever
really be content....

Download the original article and magazine:

- - - - -  RESTRUNG MAGAZINE

No comments:

Post a Comment